Lemon Basil Fruit Salad
Summer potlucks and cookouts aren’t complete without a sweet treat! A simple fruit salad can be so refreshing in the summer sun, and you don’t have to feel guilty about gobbling it up.
We’re having an end-of-summer potluck at work tomorrow, and everyone is expected to bring a dish – this is what I’m bringing! It’s easy and quick to assemble, and can just hide in the fridge all night until I need it tomorrow. No fuss, no muss. There isn’t even a bowl to clean up afterwards!
This recipe will make a lot of fruit salad, which makes refilling the “bowl” super easy once everyone has eaten up the first serving. You can also use whatever fruit you’d like to in this fruit salad, I just happened to find good deals on strawberries, blueberries and peaches at the grocery store.
- 1 watermelon, cut in half
- Fruit, chopped
- 1lb strawberries
- 1 small container blueberries
- 3 peaches
- 1 small bunch basil, sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP honey
- Cut watermelon in half (I chose to cut it length wise), and scoop out the fruit.
- Place watermelon (chopped into chunks) in separate bowl.
- Add the rest of your chopped fruit into the bowl.
- In a small dish, mix lemon juice, honey and basil.
- Pour liquid over the fruit mixture and stir everything together until the fruit is well mixed.
- Transfer a portion of the fruit mixture back into the watermelon rind and serve.
- Store remaining mixture in fridge and refill watermelon bowl as necessary.
Done! Happy munching. : )