Earlier today I posted a recipe for Roasted Eggplant Spread, my take on a spread or dip similar to baba ganoush. This wrap is my favorite way to use up that spread! Sure, you could make any kind of wrap imaginable with that stuff and it would taste good, but this is the way I like it.
If you already have the eggplant spread made up, this is super fast to put together. It’s one of my favorite meals to bring to work for lunch, even though there isn’t any mayo or cheese in it. I promise you won’t miss them. : )
The veggies I use in the wrap usually vary depending on what veggies come in my Hungry Harvest* delivery, but my non-negotiable ingredients are: chicken, roasted eggplant spread, roasted tomatoes, something crunchy.
*The link above is a referral, and if you click it and order, you and I will each receive $5 off of our next Hungry Harvest order! Don’t know what Hungry Harvest is? Check out my post: 5 Reasons I Love Hungry Harvest
- Tortilla (I prefer whole grain or wheat)
- Roasted or grilled chicken breast (rotisserie chicken works super well)
- Roasted tomatoes
- Roasted Eggplant Spread
- Raw bell pepper
- Make the Roasted Eggplant Spread (linked above) and roast the tomatoes. I usually make them at the same time. To roast the tomatoes:
- Cut tomatoes in half, length-wise. Coat in oil and transfer to a baking sheet, make sure the tomatoes are not touching. Roast at 400-425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Place tortilla on counter or cutting board and spread the eggplant mixture on the center of the tortilla and then pile on the meat and veggies! I usually start with the lettuce, then chicken, then the rest.
- That’s it. You’re done. All you have to do is roll it up and eat!
Happy Munching : )