Only recently have I discovered my love for oatmeal. What once seemed bland, boring and mushy is now a comforting treat! This recipe in particular is a total home run. It’s not too sweet and has the perfect texture.
Bananas and dried berries are the star of this recipe. The bananas provide just enough sweetness, and the berries pack a tangy and chewy punch. The addition of the chia seeds adds a nutritional boost and also helps stretch the serving size without weighing you down.
Overnight oats are great for busy lifestyles. They take a few minutes to assemble before bedtime and are ready to go for the morning! I don’t know about you, but I sleep as long as possible before work and almost always find myself in a rush to get ready. Simple breakfasts like this are a lifesaver.
Banana Berry Overnight Oats
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dried berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mash one banana until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into two mason jars or tupperware.
- Refrigerate over night.
- To heat, microwave the oat mixture for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir very 45 seconds or so to prevent the mixture from overflowing.
- Garnish with more dried berries, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon.
- The base of this recipe (everything but the berries) is super versatile. Try using what you have at home to make a new flavor.
- Breakfast prep is great for a busy lifestyle. Check out some of my other recipes for make-ahead breakfasts:
Happy munching! : )
**I am a Hungry Harvest and Amazon affiliate. This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of the links above, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I use myself and totally approve of. Thank you! ❤