Who doesn’t love chicken salad? It’s delicious, versatile and so, so easy to make. If you’re doing a Whole30 or are trying to eat a healthier diet, chicken salad can be a great addition to your weekly lunch menu. When using a healthy brand of mayo, chicken salad is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. Serve it over some mixed greens, in a collard greens wrap, in a bell pepper… the options are endless!
So what’s a “healthy brand” of mayo? Good question. Not all mayo recipes are created equally. The average store bought mayo that you’ve been purchasing your whole life probably is not one of the “healthy brands” of mayo; it’s likely to have a lot of weird additives, vegetable oil, and added sugar. All no-no’s if you’re on a Whole30 or are just trying to consume a healthier diet. My favorite brand of Whole30 compliant mayo is Primal Kitchen. They have a great regular mayo, and even better, chipotle lime mayo. If I’m not on Whole30, I usually buy the brand Sir Kensington’s. It does have added sugar, but all of the ingredients listed are whole and free of additives – it’s also cheaper than Primal Kitchens.
This recipe is really great on Whole30 (and in general) because it is crunchy! One thing that truly frustrated my on my round of Whole30 was the lack of the crispy, crunchy foods available to me (like chips and fried food). This chicken salad recipe by no means fills the void of fried onion rings, but it does have a fun texture to mix things up. If you’re in the market for another chicken salad recipe, check out Cranberry Nut Chicken Salad.
Super Crunch Chicken Salad
A simple Whole30 compliant chicken salad.
- 2-3 chicken breasts (chopped or shredded)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1-2 cups mayonnaise (compliant)
- 1 wedge lemon juice
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Chop/shred/dice carrots, celery, almonds, and cooked chicken. Transfer ingredients to a medium-large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix well to combine. Use desired amount of mayonnaise.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- For a Whole30 compliant meal, serve over mixed greens or spinach with a side of fruit!
- For a non-whole30 but still healthy meal, serve as a sandwich or wrap.
- Check out Cranberry Nut Chicken Salad
**I am a Hungry Harvest and Amazon affiliate. This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of the links above, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I use myself and totally approve of. Thank you! ❤